2016. október 19., szerda

Targeted questions

I started to observe my students, I checked their knowledge with targeted questions about the movements, music and history of belly dancing. I observed that this made them excited and gave them confidence. 

I am just wondering after my conversation with my Adviser, I really need to do the same with myself... This is where the confidence is coming from. 

My targeted question is HOW? 

How have I learnt this and that..?

I have learnt everything from my experiences and this is targeting towards my mistakes. I never thought that I would be blessed because of my mistakes. It does sound strange.
The benefits of mistakes can provide better understanding and useful solutions.
I made a lot of mistakes in my past, but finally I found the best solution. In other words, due to my mistakes I gained confidence and became a professional dancer. 

This is a benefit of my mistakes. 

We must get over our mistakes and realise that it is our responsibility instead of blaming someone else.

Joseph T. Hallinan says that:
 "We learn so little from experience because we often blame the wrong cause." [1]

We need to get over blaming and when we observe our mistakes, only then are we able to gain a better insight into the things we do well and simultaneously we can improve in the things that we do poorly. 
To be a teacher means we need to be patient and supportive because learning is a long journey and there are many (blessed) mistakes along the way. 
So I am going to explore the mistakes I made which enabled me to become a MA student. 


[1] Joseph T. Hallinan 2009 Why We Make Mistakes by Broadway 

1 megjegyzés:

  1. Great point about how we sometimes teach others with clarity and forget to give ourselves the same advice. Having a focus when things feel overwhelming is really good. I ofter think of this like the focus I need to find balance when I am in a yoga position like 'tree'. To find balance in our experience we need to find a clear rhythm (a focus) to flow into.
    Great post to read thank you for putting it up.
    Adesola

    VálaszTörlés